Chaired by developer and philanthropist Ronald M. Druker and former Mayor Thomas Menino, the Trilogy Fund has transformed three important historic places for new uses:
- The long-vacant Hayden Building at 681 Washington Street in Chinatown was transformed into four market rate residential units and one commercial retail space. Built in 1875, the Hayden Building is the only commercial building designed by Henry Hobson Richardson remaining in Boston. Revenue from this project will support HBI’s overhead and operations.
- In Roxbury, the Alvah Kittredge House at 10 Linwood Street, a rare high style Greek Revival period building that was empty for 20 years and seriously distressed, is 60% through construction and is scheduled for occupancy in June as five apartments, two of which will be designated Affordable Housing.
- Hyde Park’sVertullo Building is an 1868 mixed-use structure with five small business spaces and four residential units on Fairmount Avenue in the Hyde Park Main Streets district. A rare surviving structure from the period in which Hyde Park was founded as a town, the building is undergoing restoration as part of HBI’s Historic Neighborhood Centers program – an effort to support commercial district revitalization and foster economic development with the tools of preservation and real estate development.